Pilot Partners are a leading full service mid-tier firm located in Waterfront Place in Brisbane’s CBD. Our Partners are leaders in their fields meaning you will learn and your career will be shaped by the best in the business.
For a firm of around 70 employees we have an exceptional retention rate. We credit this to our Program and its ability to grow and develop new accountants into the next generation of business leaders. We also boast an incredible corporate culture that includes fun social events, a social club, and participation in community initiatives/events of charities/non-profits that we as a firm support.
We are currently on the lookout for an exceptional Senior Accountant to join our Business Advisory team. Being our largest team in the firm, you will be exposed to a wide variety of work and clients from different industries. The Business Advisory team works with owner-managed businesses and individuals to help with their financial management, accounting and operational needs. Some of the areas that the team will work on include: budgeting, cash flow, tax planning, compliance, business strategy, superannuation and operations systems and controls. Ultimately, we work with each client becoming a trusted partner to their business, which means we proactively build and develop relationships. Joining as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for offering guidance and mentoring to our more junior team members. In addition, you will learn from and support Managers, Associate Directors and Partners in achieving client needs across these areas as well as developing other key accounting competencies.
From the day that you start you will be very well supported. You will be placed with a buddy to ensure you receive the hands-on training you need. In addition to this, the firm regularly has internal training sessions relevant to your service line as well as firm-wide training. You will also receive regular feedback including two formal performance reviews each year to ensure you continue to develop and grow.
As a Chartered Accountant firm, we will support you through your CA qualification by providing financial, learning and study support.
- You are a recent or near-graduate undertaking a Commerce degree majoring in Accounting. You must have graduated by December 2020.
- An interest in business advisory and knowledgeable about current trends impacting the business sector both in Australia and internationally
- You have a GPA of 5.5 or above
- You will have full working rights to work in Australia
- You will be an excellent communicator, with a highly professional phone manner
- Your energy and drive is clearly evident
- You display exceptional attention to detail
- You thrive as part of a team and always bring the right attitude to work with you
- CA eligible upon commencement
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An up-to-date resume
- Your current academic transcript
- A cover letter addressing the desired criteria and why a position within Business Advisory is of interest to you
- Any other documentation to support your application.
You must have full Australian working rights to apply for this position.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.