Pilot Partners are a leading full service mid-tier firm located in Waterfront Place in Brisbane’s CBD. Our Partners are leaders in their fields meaning you will learn and your career will be shaped by the best in the business.
For a firm of around 70 employees we have an exceptional retention rate. We credit this to our Program and its ability to grow and develop new accountants into the next generation of business leaders. We also boast an incredible corporate culture that includes fun social events, a social club, and participation in community initiatives/events of charities/non-profits that we as a firm support.
We are currently on the lookout for exceptional accounting students to join our team as part of our 2021/2020 Intern program in our Taxation Services team. Our Taxation Services team are led by a passionate strong group of leaders who continue to bring in work that is exciting and interesting for anyone who loves legislation! Working in Taxation, you will provide guidance, strategy and insight into Tax legislation to our broad range of clients. While you will still need to be good at number-crunching, this team provides specialist taxation advice and therefore your ability to understand and apply legislation to achieve the best business outcome is key.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for problem solving and will be extremely analytical. As an Intern, you will learn from and support Senior Accountants, Managers, Associate Directors and Partners in achieving client needs across these areas as well as develop other key accounting competencies.
From the day that you start you will be very well supported. You will be placed with a buddy to ensure you receive the hands-on training you need. In addition to this, the firm regularly has internal training sessions relevant to your service line as well as firm-wide training. You will also receive regular feedback including two formal performance reviews each year to ensure you continue to develop and grow.
Interns will work 3 days per week which is flexible depending on when you are required to attend university. We are looking for someone to start immediately.
To apply for our Intern program, you must be undertaking a Commerce or Business degree (with an Accounting major) with a GPA of 5.5 or above.
In addition, we are looking for candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Developing a sense of commercial awareness and knowledgeable about current trends impacting the business sector both in Australia and internationally
- Great problem solver
- Tertiary qualifications in Law will be highly regarded but not essential
- An understanding of how to read and interpret legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong energy and motivation to start a career in accounting
- CA eligible upon graduation from university
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet job budgets and deadlines
- Team player and the ability to work well with others
- Full working rights to work in Australia
To apply for our Program, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An up-to-date resume
- Your current academic transcript
- A cover letter detailing your graduation date and why a position within Taxation Services is of interest to you
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.