Pilot Partners is a leading mid-tier Chartered Accountant firm in Brisbane’s CBD. We are located in premier office space, and boast high employee retention due to our stellar reputation, culture and opportunity for growth. We are currently seeking expressions of interest for an Accountant/Auditor with 2-3 years of Audit experience.
Working in our Corporate Advisory team, you will be exposed to a number of interesting clients, with two days rarely ever being the same. Our client base is predominantly owner-managed businesses as well as a number of listed entities. Whilst the majority of your work will be External Audit, you will also be exposed to advisory and assurance engagements, including financial Due Diligence for Acquisitions, Investigating Accountants work for Capital-raisings and Financial Reporting advice and implementation.
As this is a heavily client-facing role, you will be excited by the people-focused nature of the environment, and you will be an excellent communicator. You must be willing and ready to embrace the challenges that come from working with clients in different industries, and so a natural curiosity will go a long way. Your professional judgement and common-sense approach, coupled with your strong work ethic will be key for your success in this role.
We value work-life balance and our staff work reasonable hours where they aren’t the last to turn off the light switch at the end of the day. The nature of the role is that you will work in different locations, predominantly around Brisbane and south-east Queensland, with some travel required, both interstate and within Queensland.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a GPA of 5.5 or above
- Currently completing your Chartered Accountant qualification – you will be supported thoroughly, including financially, through your further studies
- 2-3 years previous Audit experience in a professional services environment is highly desirable
- High degree of commercial awareness and strong interest in business and financial markets
- Commitment to learning and applying best practice, legislation and industry standards
- Common-sense approach, with proactive and forward-thinking
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and be highly organised
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Professionally presented at all times
- Strong inclination to learn and grow professionally and personally
- People focused and able to build strong client relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Caseware
Working with Pilot Partners will see you not only grow your career, but also make valuable connections, and attain your Chartered Accountant qualification – all while having a great work-life balance! This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading mid-tier firm, where your valuable mix of business acumen and relationship building skills will see you deliver excellent outcomes for clients.
Ready to apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You must have full Australian working rights to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate dependent on experience.