Pilot Partners is a leading full service mid-tier firm located in Waterfront Place in Brisbane’s CBD. We have a fantastic corporate culture where support is plentiful and the teams are energised. The Partners are leaders in their field meaning your career will be shaped by the best in the business.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a detail driven administration assistant with strong written communication skills to join our Forensic team. This is a great role for someone studying accounting to gain some experience in the field, while being supported by an experienced team of accountants.
Our Forensic team works on an array of assignments, including valuations, matrimonial and litigation matters, as well as special investigations. Working closely with our team, you will gain exposure to forensic matters and terminology while providing administration assistance and support.
You will work 3 days per week, and we are able to provide flexibility and support while you study. To be successful, you must be available to start this position at the end of 2020 (with a November/December start date most likely, but to be confirmed during the recruitment process). We would like the successful applicant to be looking for a long-term career in accounting, with their eye on commencing their CA qualification once they have finished their degree.
You must be reliable, able to work autonomously, and work with a common sense approach. In addition, we are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Undertaking a Commerce or Business degree (majoring in Accounting) with a GPA of 5.5 or above;
- Developing a sense of commercial awareness and knowledgeable about current trends impacting the business sector both in Australia and internationally
- Great problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong energy and motivation to start a career in accounting
- CA eligible upon graduation from university
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet job budgets and deadlines
- Team player and the ability to work well with others
- Full working rights to work in Australia
Ready to apply?
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com.
- An up-to-date resume
- Your current academic transcript
- A cover letter detailing your graduation date and why a position in Forensic Accounting is of interest to you
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.